Mistletoe Cancer Therapy
Mistletoe cancer therapy has many favorable attributes that can be very helpful to a patient looking for alternatives to conventional cancer therapy.
In fact, mistletoe is one of the most widely studied complementary and alternative medicine therapies for cancer. In certain European countries, the preparations made from European mistletoe (Viscum album) are among the most prescribed drugs offered to cancer patients.
Mistletoe injections have been used in complementary cancer therapy since 1917 by the Dutch physician Dr. Ita Wegman.
Over the years, as the special manufacturing process has developed further, efficiency has progressively increased.
Studies show that mistletoe therapy has a positive effect on the patient’s immune system and quality of life and can improve tolerance to standard therapies-such as chemotherapy-without decreasing their efficacy.
Mistletoe cancer therapy
acts on many levels
- it boosts the immune system by multiplying and activating the immune cells.
- mistletoe cancer therapy can induce apoptosis; the process of natural cell death-which can inhibit tumor growth.
- It protects the DNA of healthy cells against damage caused by chemotherapy drugs, so the “side effects” are reduced
- Nausea during chemotherapy is reduced
- The immune system remains active and infections are kept at a minimal.
- Mistletoe stimulates the appetite
- Sleep improves
- Energy increases
- Less sensitivity to pain so fewer painkillers and sedatives are needed
Many conventional physicians decry the lack of clinical trials for many Alternative Medicine treatments. To date, mistletoe therapy effects on various malignant diseases have been researched in over 100 clinical trials.
from Mistletoe cancer therapy back to alternative cancer therapies
Have a question about your cancer treatment options?
Complete the form below.
Please understand that we cannot diagnose or give medical advice to non-patients. We will do our best to address your comments and questions through an e-mail response.
We do offer private phone sessions with Dr. Eslinger for a fee. See Medical Records Evaluation under New Patients.
Watch Dr. Eslinger's informative videos explaining many of our therapies. YouTube
Read informative blurbs, from our BLOG, on various therapies.
Reno Integrative Medical Center
6110 Plumas St. Ste. B, Reno, Nevada 89519
Phone: 775- 829-1009 1-800-994-1009