STEM CELL THERAPY
Stem cell therapy offers amazing opportunities for people with chronic health problems to heal naturally with minimal rejection.
It is also a powerful tool to have for maintaining vibrant health.
There are five main sources for obtaining stem cells from human bodies; bone marrow, fat tissue, dental pulp, umbilical cords and placentas of healthy new born babies.
The most accessible and non-invasive sources that we offer at Reno Integrative Medical Center are the umbilical and placenta stem cells.
We offer two stem cell therapy options.
- Umbilical stem cell therapy is our most expensive, non-invasive stem cell source. It is live cell and requires overnight frozen shipping.
- HAM or (Human Amniotic Membrane) is the less expensive source of stem cells which does not require storage in a frozen state. This therapy is only available for joint repair.To read more about HAM stem cell therapy.
Umbilical stem cell therapy
Umbilical stem cells are referred to as mesenchymal stem cells. They are derived from the connective tissue in the umbilical cord called “Wharton’s Jelly”. They are also called “Multipotent”, which means they can regrow or replace most cells in the body.
Umbilical cord stem cells have the highest potency and potential for healing.
Once harvested, the cells are grown in cell culture to expand the number of them. Also, extensive testing is done on them to assure that there are no bacteria or viruses in the sample.
There are two different ways to administer this therapy.
- The first is through a smaller dose into a very specific location such as into a joint or organ.
- The second is by injecting a larger dose intravenously suspended in what is called normal saline. This is a solution of sterile salt water at the same concentration as the blood.
Stem cells harvested from ethical sources offer hope for people who in the past would have seen slow steady deterioration in their health and quality of life even with the full use of the most current drug regimen.
Who can benefit from
Stem Cell Therapy?
Some examples of conditions that have been shown to benefit greatly from stem cell therapy are:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Congestive heart failure.
- Regenerate deteriorated joints like knees and shoulders that would normally have required artificial joint replacement.
- Parkinson’s Disease
* Because these are such new therapies, no guarantees for any particular outcome can be made.
If this therapy is something you would be interested in, call our office at 775 829-1009 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Eslinger.
If you have specific questions you would like addressed, please fill out the form below and our liaison services will respond.